Although divorce rates are declining, many couples are still heading into family court to dissolve their marriage every year. Most couples cite irreconcilable differences as their cause for separation. If you are in a marriage that just isn’t working out, it may be time to talk to a family law attorney orlando fl about divorce. There is no reason to stay together if the love is gone and is not coming back.
Facts About Divorce
About 41% of all first marriages end in divorce, according to the US Census Bureau. Even more shocking, 60% of second marriages end in divorce. But, those are not the only shocking facts that you might like to know. Take a look.
· One divorce takes place every 36 seconds in the US
· The average couple is 30 years old when they divorce
· Republican-based states have a higher divorce rate than Democrat-based states
· 43&% of all households in the US today are fatherless households
· Oklahoma has the highest divorce rates in the US
· Approximately 1% of all same sex couples marriages end in divorce
· Britney Spears 55-hour marriage to Jason Alexander is the shortest marriage in history
· If you live with your spouse before marriage, there is a 41% increased risk of a divorce
· College graduates have a 14% lower divorce rate than non-college educated individuals
Is it Time to Divorce?
Most couples know when their marriage is over but try to stick it out for as long as possible for various reasons. Some people stay together due to finances, others stay together for the children or for other reasons. When your marriage is over, staying together only prolongs the inevitable and makes life a nightmare for everyone. Speak to an attorney when your heart tells you the marriage is over and prevent heartache in your life.